This week on the Micah Hanks Program, our discussion ensues with a look at a true sea monster, the giant squid, and what the sequencing of its genome has revealed about how strange the creatures really are. We also look at ancient scorpion ancestors, supercomputers in search of ancient extinctions, and then turning our attention to the future, Elon Musk’s recent claim that he’ll have one million people on the Moon by 2050… is that a practical goal?
Later, the concept of lost ancient technologies has long intrigued scholars and researchers. While some precocious instances of technology like the famous Antikythera Mechanism have been recovered, little evidence in support of advanced ancient civilization from “worlds before our own” has been recovered. But are there references to unique discoveries and “lost knowledge” that might have once existed that can be found in mythologies from around the world? Although we maintain some of these ancient secrets may not have been highly advanced, per se, early experiments with flight, architecture, ancient surgical practices, astronomy, and a host of other things may very well have occurred; could references to these forms of “lost knowledge” be encoded in mythology from around the world?
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah’s other podcasts here.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- The mysterious, legendary giant squid’s genome is revealed
- Ancient fossil ‘may prove scorpion was first land-dwelling animal’
- Supercomputer scours fossil record for Earth’s hidden extinctions
- US Space Force uniform mocked for camouflage design
- Elon Musk Says He’ll Put a Million People On Mars By 2050
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai: We must be ‘clear-eyed’ about how AI could go wrong
- Why The Idea Of Alien Life Now Seems Inevitable And Possibly Imminent
- Scientists Didn’t Believe in Meteorites Until 1803
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Follow Micah on Instagram