For centuries, there have been stories about large, manlike animals in the Pacific Northwest and other remote parts of America. The creature known as Sasquatch or Bigfoot has long been searched for, but meager physical evidence has left its existence in question. Hence, many skeptics and advocates alike have proposed that only one thing will ever settle the debate: a body.
After catching up on news, we feature an update on the coronavirus this week, looking at its origins, and what scientists know about it as concerns about the virus spread. Then after getting caught up on listener emails, we turn our attention to the controversial question of killing Sasquatch. Many would dismiss the idea entirely based on the presumption that the creature is only a myth, but concerns over would-be Sasquatch hunters have resulted in legislation being passed in places like Skamania County, Washington, as a public safety measure. Even those who don’t believe in Sasquatch can see how laws “protecting” the creature may be a good idea… but in the unlikely event that a body was ever discovered, what would that mean for science, and how would state and local government respond?
Even more unusual is the question over whether bodies of unidentified, manlike creatures actually have been recovered in the past, and lost. Claims of Sasquatch killings have been made for years, and yet no physical remains have been recovered. Is it time to close the book on hopes for the creature’s existence, or is the merit to the idea of continuing the search… and even killing one, if it’s necessary to prove they’re out there? We weigh all of these questions on this week’s edition of The Micah Hanks Program.
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah’s other podcasts here.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- NEWS: Something strange is going on with the North Star
- Paleontologists from Argentina present a “South American Yeti” of more than 10,000 years ago
- Dead Sea Scrolls at the Museum of the Bible are forgeries, investigators say
- Dead Sea Scroll Conference Has Been Postponed
- COVID-19: Chinese foreign ministry spokesman pushes coronavirus conspiracy theory
- Inside China’s campaign to blame the U.S. for the coronavirus pandemic
- Scientists ‘strongly condemn’ rumors and conspiracy theories about origin of coronavirus
- Why Coronavirus Is Turning People Into Hoarders: A Q&A on the Psychology of Pandemics
- SASQUATCH: To Kill or to Capture Bigfoot: The Great Cryptozoological Debate
- If You Spot Bigfoot, Should You Shoot Him?
- Is It Legal to Shoot Bigfoot?
- Killing Sasquatch: The Debate Between Law, Science, and Conservation
- Darren Naish on the Strange Case of the Minnesota Iceman
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Follow Micah on Instagram
Music featured on The Micah Hanks Program includes songs composed by Caleb Hanks (The Clerk Chronicles), Decepticons (Dreamland, Start the Machine) and Micah Hanks. All songs are either in the public domain, Royalty Free, Creative Commons Attribution 3.0, or are used with permission of the creators. Please note that some links to books and other items on this page may feature Amazon Associate links.