“For more than a decade,” reads the latest in a series of New York Times articles on UFOs that have appeared since late 2017, a shadowy Pentagon UFO program “has been conducting classified briefings for congressional committees, aerospace company executives and other government officials,” according to officials and documents associated with the program.
That isn’t all the recent New York Times piece reported on, however; of far greater interest had been the mention of Senate briefings related to crashes of purported “off-world vehicles not made on this Earth.”
The response to the piece wasn’t quite what it had been to previous New York Times articles covering UFOs over the last few years, and if anything, controversy ensued almost immediately. This week on The Micah Hanks Program, we break down the story, and observe the public reaction that resulted in so many divided opinions. Then later in the program, we are joined with additional perspectives from writer, podcaster and UFO commentator Jason McClelland of Rogue Planet, who shares his take on what went wrong, and how reporting on the UFO subject can be managed better in the future.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- CDC Foundation Coronavirus Relief
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- Direct Relief: Coronavirus Pandemic
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Doctors Without Borders: COVID 19
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah’s other podcasts here.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- Ghostly particles produced inside the sun just detected under a mountain in Italy
- Groundbreaking blood test can detect cancer years before symptoms appear
- Mystery Seeds Possibly From China Are Being Mailed to Virginia Residents
- UK and US say Russia fired a satellite weapon in space
- Investigators bewildered by death, mutilation of Oregon cow
- UFO sightings across Canada have spiked during the pandemic
- The Canadian UFO Survey
- Texas GOP Lawmaker Roasted For Saying Aliens Will Need To Find ‘Salvation Through Jesus’
- ‘Unidentified Aerial Phenomena,’ Better Known as UFOs, Deserve Scientific Investigation
- No Longer in Shadows, Pentagon’s U.F.O. Unit Will Make Some Findings Public
- Pentagon Has ‘Off-World Vehicles Not Made on This Earth’
- Link to Harry Reid’s Follow-Up Tweet Responding to the New York Times
- NYT retracts ‘off-world vehicles’ recovered bit from its UFO article
- NYT Reporters Take Aim at Internet UFO “Frenzy”: Commentary from Bryce Zabel
- Jason McClelland at Rogue Planet
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Follow Micah on Instagram
Music featured on The Micah Hanks Program includes songs composed by Caleb Hanks (The Clerk Chronicles), Decepticons (Dreamland, Start the Machine) and Micah Hanks. All songs are either in the public domain, Royalty Free, Creative Commons Attribution 3.0, or are used with permission of the creators. Please note that some links to books and other items on this page may feature Amazon Associate links.