On Monday, Oct 22, 1973, the Ohio Lancaster Eagle-Gazette carried a most unusual headline. “Helicopter Nearly Tangles With UFO” the story read, which recounted a harrowing tale of an Army Captain, Lawrence Coyne, and three other servicemen who had the fright of their lives a few days earlier, while flying back to Cleveland after a routine medical examination.
1973 was one of the most significant years in the history of UFO sightings, and what has become known as “The Coyne Encounter” was one of the many that occurred that year which caused it to be so memorable. This week, we explore this notable incident in-depth, as we look at the primary narrative, what additional witnesses say they saw, and how skeptics attempted to solve this lasting UFO mystery.
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah’s other podcasts here.
Want to advertise/sponsor our show?
We have partnered with the fine folks at AdvertiseCast to handle our advertising/sponsorship requests. If you would like to advertise with The Micah Hanks Program, all you have to do is email email@example.com or click the link below to get started:
AdvertiseCast: Advertise with The Micah Hanks Program
If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- Protector of Brazil’s Indigenous Groups Fatally Shot With Arrow by Isolated Tribe
- Wildfires in California, Oregon and Washington: Detroit, Oregon, looks like a bomb went off
- COVID-19 quarantine was lonely and isolating. Then Bigfoot stepped in.
- Is There a Way to Darken Satellites for Astronomers?
- NASA is hiring private contractors to retrieve moon dust
- Phosphine Detected In The Atmosphere of Venus – An Indicator of Possible Life?
- Army Helicopter’s UFO Scare Still A Mystery, 40 Years Later
X Subscriber Sign-Up
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Follow Micah on Instagram
Music featured on The Micah Hanks Program includes songs composed by Caleb Hanks (The Clerk Chronicles), Decepticons (Dreamland, Start the Machine) and Micah Hanks. All songs are either in the public domain, Royalty Free, Creative Commons Attribution 3.0, or are used with permission of the creators. Please note that some links to books and other items on this page may feature Amazon Associate links.