Last week, the search for extraterrestrial life got quite a boost after a team of researchers announced that they may have discovered signs of life on one of Earth’s nearest and least hospitable neighboring planets, Venus.
It would be ironic if we were to discover the likely presence of life on such an otherwise inhospitable world, especially since this had been the planet which figured heavily into the early claims of many of the so-called “contactees.” These individuals began coming forward in the middle 1950s with (often absurd) stories of having met benevolent space brothers, who frequently hailed from planets like Venus.
This week, we revisit the tales of the contactee era, along with the bizarre story “Valiant Thor,” a purported Venusian visitor that came to Earth and even spent several years in the Nation’s Capital.
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah’s other podcasts here.
Want to advertise/sponsor our show?
We have partnered with the fine folks at AdvertiseCast to handle our advertising/sponsorship requests. If you would like to advertise with The Micah Hanks Program, all you have to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link below to get started:
AdvertiseCast: Advertise with The Micah Hanks Program
If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- NEWS: Here comes the first day of fall! The autumnal equinox is Tuesday
- Update on Arecibo Observatory Facility After Telescope Damage
- Astronomers Have Discovered a Surprise Asteroid Orbiting Closer to The Sun Than Venus
- UFO UPDATE: Former Defense Minister: If you see a UFO, take as many photos as possible
- Japan Defense Ministry to draft UFO protocols in response to U.S. footage
- Former Blink-182 Member Claims He Helped Set Up Briefings With Donald Trump About Aliens
- THE CONTACTEES: A Brief History of Contactee Claims
- The Bizarre Story of Valiant Thor
- Dunning on Stranges and Harley Andrew Byrd
- Huck Magazine Article on the Aetherius Society
X Subscriber Sign-Up
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Follow Micah on Instagram
Music featured on The Micah Hanks Program includes songs composed by Caleb Hanks (The Clerk Chronicles), Decepticons (Dreamland, Start the Machine) and Micah Hanks. All songs are either in the public domain, Royalty Free, Creative Commons Attribution 3.0, or are used with permission of the creators. Please note that some links to books and other items on this page may feature Amazon Associate links.